Well, today, I ran the recipe on a new slice and it tanked. apt was exiting with status 100, and when I checked, it was producing the following error:
IP ADDRESS apt-get update returned 100, expected 0
W: Failed to fetch (the problem archive file): Hash Sum mismatch
The problem here, it turns out, is that the archive in question I was attempting to get updated manifests for had been updated - but the checksum (Hash Sum) for that archive had been *cached* by something in between my slice and the archive (likely some form of proxy). As a result, they didn't match, and bam.
The Fix: The fix came from here. Essentially, mod your apt-get command to include an option for 'no-cache', either during the call:
apt-get update -o Acquire::http::No-Cache
...or by putting the option into your apt config (see the post linked above for how-to).
Whew. Another day, another thing.
Posted by jbz at August 5, 2010 2:40 PM